Connected Health Data
This short, intensive course will take place at the University of Oulu, Finland from the 28th until the 30th of November 2016. It will focus on a key area that is crucial to good Connected Health research – data driven solutions and a design thinking approach.
The course is targeted at students who are engaged in a PhD programme or postdoctoral research in a health-related context. It is, however, open to students from all scientific disciplines.
The course is organised by the ENJECT Cost Action and is hosted by the INTERACT Research Unit at the University of Oulu, Finland.
Teaching methods used in this particular Training School include:
- Lectures given by Senior Researchers
- Individual and group exercises
A course certificate equaling 2.5 ECT credits will be awarded upon successful completion of the Training School.
|Day 1: Monday, 28th November|
1. Welcome and Practical Issues, Minna Isomursu, University of Oulu and Leader of Standards of Care Working Group, ENJECT
2. Group work on health data
3. Unstructured Data Analysis for Patient Safety, Vassilis Koutkias, Research Scientist with the Institute of Applied Biosciences at the Centre of Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH)
4. Data-Driven Solutions in Healthcare: A Design Thinking Approach, Patrick Slevin, Insight Centre for Data Analytics, University College Dublin, Ireland
|Day 2: Tuesday, 29th November|
|AM: Group work on Connected Health Data, Patrick Slevin, Insight Centre for Data Analytics, University College Dublin|
|PM: Introduction to Facilitated Paper Writing, Director Connected Health, University College Dublin, Ireland
Legal Aspects of Sharing, Health Data, and Data Aggregation Issues, Harri Honko, Faculty of Signal Processing, Tampere Technical University, Finland
|Day 3: Wednesday, 30th November|
|Trainees present and receive feedback on their group work from senior ENJECT members.
Presentation of Award Certificates
Social Programme: To Be Confirmed
Monday, 28th November: 6.30pm: Training School Dinner
Tuesday, 29th November: 6.00pm: Cultural activity
- Language: English
- Participants: up to 28
- Total hours: 24 hours plus social events
Selection Process for Grantees:
There is no registration fee for the course.
Students have the opportunity to apply for grants to partially cover their travel, accommodation, and meal expenses. The following grants are offered:
- 18 grants of €700 for students
- up to 10 non-funded places for local students
The applicants should fill the e-registration form (see below) and include in one single document:
- A cover letter with a statement of interest of up to one page
- CV including a list of publications
The following selection criteria will be applied:
- Letter of interest
- Gender balance
- Country balance
- 16th September: Application submission
- 28th September: Selection and announcement of participants
Please contact Minna Isomursu (Minna.Isomursu@oulu.fi) or ENJECT@UCD.ie with any questions.